Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA): *Must currently be NYS Certified* full-time, part-time & per diem
Presbyterian Homes & Services excels in providing health care, housing and community services while promoting individual wellness and independence in a dignified manner. We are the first in the nation to offer a skilled care residence specifically for those affected with Parkinson's. Our campus offers the most comprehensive senior health care services available in the community where our highly qualified staff provide compassion and the knowledge to deliver continuity of services to those they serve.
Responsibilities of Certified Nurse Aide:
- Successful completion of instructional orientation program at the Home.
- Performs tasks as outlined by prearranged assignments under supervision.
- Adjusts to changes and adapts to conditions in units and assignments as need arises.
- Assists with admissions, discharges and transfers of patients/residents.
- Attends in-service programs and classes as offered by assignment.
- Assists with personal care such as bathing as needed or scheduled, dressing, shaving, applying appliance/prosthesis, oral hygiene, grooming.
- Supervises residents/patients and assists with activities within building and on the Home’s grounds.
- Responsible for general cleanliness and neatness of patient area.
- Encourage communication stressing reality orientation.
- Lifts, transfers and transports patients between units, departments and office appointments.
- Reports changes in condition or behavior, accidents or incidents immediately as well as complaints to nursing unit manager, charge nurse.
- Demonstrates proficiency in fire prevention safety and disaster preparedness, accident prevention, as well as maintaining confidentiality.
- Responsible for answering all patient call lights in a timely manner.
- Demonstrates a proficiency in the prevention of infection.
- Performs procedures such as:
- bathing or shower, bed baths
- applying hot water bottles and ice bags
- non-sterile compresses and ointments
- enemas, cleansing, phosposodas
- bedpans, passes, collects, empties and clean
- measures and records intake and output
- collects specimens, urine, stool and sputum
- collection bags, attaches, empties and cleans
- applies bandages
- assists with application of restraints, binders and safety belts, splints, heel protectors, specialized chair cushions etc. chair and bed accessories etc.
- reads and records weights, temperatures, pulse and respirations and reports unusual findings to RN/LPN
- turns and positions patients to provide comfort and maintain skin integrity
- serving nourishment’s, such as drinking water, juices etc. between meals, bedtime and as needed and requested.
- feeding patients
- applications of preventative barrier cream
- Run errands
- Daily bedmaking, changing bed linen as needed and as scheduled
- Must take and pass clinical and written testing for certification as required
- Responsible for the accurate completion of Patient Care Records on a daily basis
- Responsible for computer data entry in Patients electronic medical record, ADL’s, meal consumption, I & O, weights, behaviors, bowel and bladder activity etc. daily
Qualifications of Certified Nurse Aide:
- Certified Nursing Aide in New York State
- High school graduate or GED
Benefits of Certified Nurse Aide:
- Health, Dental, Life and Vision insurance
- 403(b) Retirement Plan
- Vacation, Sick & Personal time
- 8 Paid Holidays
- Team Based Nursing structure which allows you to create relationships with residents and team members
- New, competitive wage scale based on experience!
- A challenging and rewarding environment
Join our team today and become part of the most complete continuity of health and wellness services for older adults in Oneida County!
Presbyterian Homes and Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer; EOE/AA.
4290 Middle Settlement Road. New Hartford, NY 13413
If you are interested in applying for this position, please stop by the Human Resource Department at the Presbyterian Home.
COME AND JOIN OUR TEAM!