Staff RN/GN: full-time, part-time & per diem
Presbyterian Homes & Services excels in providing health care, housing and community services while promoting individual wellness and independence in a dignified manner. We are the first in the nation to offer a skilled care residence specifically for those affected with Parkinson's. Our campus offers the most comprehensive senior health care services available in the community where our highly qualified staff provide compassion and the knowledge to deliver continuity of services to those they serve.
Responsibilities of Registered Nurse:
- Assists in maintaining the standard of nursing practice by evaluating delivery of nursing care and meeting needs.
- Performs nursing techniques for the comfort and well being of the patient/resident.
- Prepares equipment and assists physicians during treatments and examination of the patient.
- Administers prescribed medications, orally and by injections, provides treatments using therapeutic equipment, observes progress of intravenous infusions, subcutaneous infiltration’s and pick line therapy. Checks all medication orders daily prior to administration of medications.
- Takes vital statistics to detect deviations from normal and gage progress of patient following physician’s orders and approved nursing care plan.
- Maintains patient’s medical records on nursing observations and actions taken such as medications and treatments given, reactions, tests, intake, omissions of liquids and solids, vital statistics.
- Records nursing needs on patients nursing Care Plan and interdisciplinary comprehensive care plan to ensure continuity of care.
- Observes, records, reports to nursing supervisor or physician, patient’s condition or reaction to drugs treatment, and significant incidents.
- Participates in internal and external staff development programs.
- Assists in documentation of progress notes, admission assessments, weekly general observations, behavioral charting, risk assessment completion.
- Completes patient care records on a daily basis.
- Assists in the completion of MDS assessments as directed by N.Y.S.D.O.H.
- Responsible for computer data entry of patient progress notes and ADL documentation, incident, accident reports, transfer reports, pain and wound assessments and weekly update, pain assessments and monitoring
Qualifications of Registered Nurse:
- Registered Professional Nurse with current New York State License.
- Eligible for licensure in New York State by Permit.
Benefits of Registered Nurse:
- Health, Dental, Life and Vision insurance
- 403(b) Retirement Plan
- Vacation, Sick & Personal time
- 8 Paid Holidays
- Team Based Nursing structure which allows you to create relationships with residents and team members
- New, competitive wage scale based on experience!
- 8 hours evening/night shift
- Graduate Nurses welcome to apply
- Additional $1.00 per hour for Charge
- A challenging and rewarding environment
Join our team today and become part of the most complete continuity of health and wellness services for older adults in Oneida County!
COME AND JOIN OUR TEAM!