Staff LPN/GPN: full-time, part-time & per diem
Presbyterian Homes & Services excels in providing health care, housing and community services while promoting individual wellness and independence in a dignified manner. We are the first in the nation to offer a skilled care residence specifically for those affected with Parkinson's. Our campus offers the most comprehensive senior health care services available in the community where our highly qualified staff provide compassion and the knowledge to deliver continuity of services to those they serve.
Responsibilities of Licensed Practical Nurse:
- Performs assigned nursing procedures for the comfort and well being of residents.
- Participation in nursing care to meet requirements of nursing care plan in concert with medical care plan to provide continuity care for each individual.
- Most successfully complete the program of instruction offered at the Home in medications, administering and charting.
- Dressed wounds, administers prescribed procedures, such as enemas, douches, treatments, special dressings, application of medicated creams etc.
- Records patient findings in electronic medical record and reports all changes in patient/resident condition to supervisor.
- Records routine resident care information in electronic medical records and prepares 24 hour report sheets according to guidelines.
- Adjusts to changes and adapts to conditions in units and assignments as need arises.
- Assembles and uses such equipment as catheters, tracheotomy tubes and oxygen supplies, enteral feeding supplies .
- Records food and fluid intake and omission.
- Assists physicians at bedside with medical treatment when necessary.
- Delegates some nursing functions to ancillary personnel, i.e.: nurse aides, retaining responsibility of care.
- Attends in-service programs when offered by own initiative or assignment and reports to head nurse or supervisor.
- Identifies own needs in delivery of quality nursing care and reports to supervisor.
- Demonstrates proficiency in prevention and control of infection, fire prevention and safety, disaster and preparedness, accident prevention as well as patient and resident confidentiality.
- May assume responsibility of nursing unit under supervision of an RN.
- Completes patient care record on a daily basis.
- Responsible for completing data entry of nursing progress notes and patient ADL informatory documentation. Weekly general observation , baden scale, aims sheets, behavioral documentatiory etc., in patient electronic medical record.
Qualifications of Licensed Practical Nurse:
- Licensed Practical Nurse with current New York State License.
- Eligible for licensure in New York State by Permit.
Benefits of Licensed Practical Nurse:
- Health, Dental, Life and Vision insurance
- 403(b) Retirement Plan
- Vacation, Sick & Personal time
- 8 Paid Holidays
- Team Based Nursing structure which allows you to create relationships with residents and team members
- New, competitive wage scale based on experience!
- 8 hour evening/night shift
- Graduate Practical Nurses welcome to apply
- Additional $1.00 per hour for Charge
- A challenging and rewarding environment
Join our team today and become part of the most complete continuity of health and wellness services for older adults in Oneida County!
Presbyterian Homes and Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer; EOE/AA.
4290 Middle Settlement Road. New Hartford, NY 13413
If you are interested in applying for this position, please stop by the Human Resource Department at the Presbyterian Home.
COME AND JOIN OUR TEAM!